New Shuttle Bus Routes
In an effort to improve service bus service and maximize efficiency, the Lab's Transportation Advisory Committee and senior management have approved a proposed change in the shuttle bus routes.
Some details about the Routes are:
- There will be three routes, each route color coded with signs to assist passengers with identification
- Building 54 (Cafeteria) will be the new hub
- No transfers needed from offsite to most onsite building areas (Buildings. 48,50,51 54,62,65,66,67,70,72,74,84 Areas)
- Four buses routed through the Lab, to campus and to BART (two in each direction) most times
- Overall, the intervals will be between approximately seven to 10 minutes, depending on the time period. Specific time schedules are listed on the maps (see links below)
- The BLUE route and ORANGE route will travel both on and off site
- The GREEN route will provide on site service
- One onsite shuttle to serve 25, 90, 71, 58, 69, 77 areas
- Overall, the intervals will be approximately every 15 minutes
Before the plan is implemented, input is being sought from employees who use the shuttle bus service. The feedback help committee members and senior management make final decisions about the route changes. Go here to take a survey and submit comments.
The new shuttle bus routes are scheduled to be implemented on Monday, Dec. 11. Passenger comments will again be solicited after the new bus routes and schedules are implemented.