- Q: What happens if I forget the printout of my registration confirmation?
A: You will not be able to attend the event without your printout.
- Q: Can I drive to the event?
A: Visitors can only access the Open House via a shuttle bus that departs from UC Berkeley's West Gate. Employees can drive, but must present their parking permit and confirmation printout to Strawberry or Grizzly gates personnel. Parking and roadways will be restricted.
- Q: If I’m an employee, why do I have to register?
A: To ensure safe and comfortable access to all Open House activities and limit overcrowding, attendance will be capped. Registration is required to keep an accurate account of the total number of guests.
- Q: How many people can I bring in my group?
A: Each confirmation allows the entrance of a group up to six people. To register a larger group (i.e. school class), contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Q: I’m having problems filling out the form, what should I do?
A: Send an e-mail to email@example.com for assistance.
- Q: What do I do if I need to change or cancel my registration?
A: Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Q: Can I send my kids to the Open House?
A: No one under 17 will be admitted without an accompanying adult.
- Q: Can I bring my dog?
A: No pets are allowed onsite.
- Q: Will there be food? Can I bring my own food?
A: Vendors will be at the event selling food. You can bring your own food, however, coolers will not be allowed and areas available for picnicking are limited.
- Q: Where and when will the shuttle bus pick me up?
A: The West Gate on the UC Berkeley campus. The shuttles will begin loading passengers around 9:45 a.m. and continue every 10-15 minutes until 2 p.m.
- Q: How will visitors with mobility limitations be accommodated?
A: ADA shuttle buses will be on hand at the West Gate and at the event to assist those who need special accommodations.
- Q: Can employees use the shuttle buses?
A: Yes, but need a printout of their registration confirmation in order to board the bus.
- Q: What is the minimum age recommendation for the Open House?
A: Children's activities are geared for ages 5 and up. Also be aware that the Lab is situated on somewhat hilly terrain, so navigating strollers could be difficult in some areas.