Events and Career Resources
- Postdoc Associations
- Grants & Fellowships
- Positions Available
- Conferences & Meetings
- Local Seminars
- Events Calendar-ECSS Events
Lots of useful information is available from Postdoc Associations on the web. The website from UC Berkeley is particularly valuable.
- Berkeley Lab Postdoc Web Page
- UC Berkeley Postdoctoral Association
- UCSF Postdoc Association
- Stanford Postdoc Association
- UCLA Postdoc Association
- UC San Diego Postdoc Association
Many sources of funding are listed on Grantsnet.org. Other useful resources include:
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- California Breast Cancer Research Program
- Department of Defense
- Department of Energy - Office for Biological & Environmental Research
- Human Frontier Science Program
- Burroughs Wellcome Fund
- National Science Foundation
- The Wellcome Trust
- Pew Latin American Fellow Program
- American Cancer Society
- Cancer Research and Prevention Foundation
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
- International Union Against Cancer
- American Institute for Cancer Research
- Fulbright Scholar Program
- International Agency for Research on Cancer
Anyone interested in a position at Berkeley Lab is encouraged to find out more about the individual laboratories in the Life Sciences Division and contact the laboratory's Principal Investigator directly. The current pay-scales for postdocs in all divisions (including Life Sciences) are listed here. Useful resources for finding positions outside of Berkeley Lab:
Also, Berkeley Lab Learning Institute sponsors a Position Announcements Website. This site is a resource for postdocs and graduate student research assistants who work at Berkeley Lab and are looking for scientific positions at organizations outside of the Laboratory. Divisions periodically post position announcements they receive from universities, other national laboratories, and industry on this site. It also includes links to position listings at a variety of institutions.
Perhaps the best resources for finding a place to spend your hard-earned Fellowship travel budget:
One of the benefits of working at Berkeley Lab is the exposure to the rich surrounding scientific community.
…and don’t forget our own ECSS Seminar Series!
Check out the ECSS events, posted on the Life Sciences Division Events Calendar.