The Early Career Scientists Society (ECSS) aims to provide a forum in which graduate students, postdocs, and other early career scientists at Berkeley Lab can meet and interact. Events and activities are organized by the ECSS Committee. We:
- organize a monthly seminar series presenting research from fellow early career scientists;
- are the liaison between the early career scientists and the Life Sciences Division, and represent them at Life Sciences Division Advisory Committee meetings;
- host Life Sciences Division Seminars with distinguished scholars;
- plan social and educational events including an annual summer picnic.
Our events are posted on the Life Sciences Division Events Calendar.
We welcome you to join the committee. Most importantly, by joining you have a chance to:
- be involved in the Division beyond conducting individual science research;
- get experience in planning and organizing meetings and seminars;
- interact with scientists and Division management;
- interact with peers from the various departments.
And hopefully have fun doing so!
If you are interested in getting involved, please contact Mandana Veiseh.
ECSS Committee Members
Mandana Veiseh, president
Walter Corgesceu, secretary
Michael Balamotis and Christie Canaria, seminar leads
Nicole Beier, career development coordinator
Christie Canaria, social chair
Cemal Bilgin, webmaster