MESH Review Lines of Inquiry
Sample interview areas or questions:
- How does the Division communicate EH&S issues at the group/team level?
- How does the Division respond to problems and incidents? Are they proactive in any areas?
- How has the division responded to findings from previous assessments?
- Who sets EH&S expectations? Is staff aware of the expectations? How are they enforced?
- How does the Division manage new employees, faculty, students, matrixed staff, and/or subcontractors?
- What is the Division policy on ergonomics?
- Is the work authorization process effective?
- What Best Practices should be copied by other Divisions?
- How does the Division track work changes and review their EH&S impacts?
- Does everyone hear the same message about EH&S?
- How many employees report to each PI or supervisor?
- Do staff know who to contact if they have a safety problem?