Quick Start Guide
Chapter 23: Seismic Safety
Revision Record: http://www.lbl.gov/ehs/pub3000/Pub3000Changes.html
Who needs to know about these requirements?
The requirements of the Seismic Safety Program apply to:
- All Laboratory employees, casual and participating visitors, guests, and contractor employees.
- Whenever they are:
- On LBNL-owned property or in any LBNL-owned or -leased buildings
Lack of seismic safety knowledge could lead to:
- Injuries (including fatalities) to personnel
- Extra costs and delays
What you need to know:
Where to find out more:
Whom to contact for help:
- For assistance with structural seismic safety (including permanently securing nonstructural items to a structure): Fred Angliss, Facilities Division Structural Engineer, ext. 4168
- For assistance with nonstructural seismic safety: Michael Wisherop, ext. 7407