Emergency Preparedness: Emergency Response Guide
The law and DOE require prompt notification of all work-related EHS incidents/accidents. Report all such events immediately to your Supervisor and the EHS Division.
For EMERGENCY response to a serious or life-threatening injury or illness, call x7911 or 9-911
Once the emergency is over and for all non-emergency incidents:
- Report all events immediately to your Supervisor
- Call Health Services at x6266 for any Injuries and Illnesses
- Call x6999 to report the following non-emergency events:
- Environmental releases
- Hazardous conditions
- Traffic incidents
- Near-miss events
- Security events
LBNL Stop Work Policy
All Berkeley Lab employees, contractors, and participating guests are responsible for stopping work activities that are considered to be an imminent danger. An “imminent danger” is defined as any condition or behavior that could reasonably be expected to cause death, serious injury, or environmental harm. Whenever an employee, contractor, or participating guest encounters conditions or practices that appear to constitute an imminent danger, such individuals have the authority and responsibility to:
- Alert the affected employee(s) or contractor(s) engaged in the unsafe work creating
an imminent-danger condition and request that the work be stopped
- Call x6999 and report the incident
An EH&S staff will investigate
- Notify the immediate Supervisor and/or responsible division/department manager
Note: When in doubt about a safety condition, contact your Supervisor.
Refer to LBNL’s Health & Safety Manual (Pub-3000) for more information.
Do you have an Environment, Health or Safety concern?
If you do, please first communicate with your Supervisor. You can also:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave feedback at http://www.lbl.gov/ehs/refs/safety_concern.shtml
- Call the EHS Division at x5514 (can be anonymous)
- Call Radiation Protection Group at x7277 (can be anonymous)
- Contact the EHS Division Director or Deputy Director in person at Building 90-1140 (can be confidential)
- Contact the Lab Ombudsman at x4130
Additional Site Instructions:
Location of assembly area: ______________________________________________
Location of exit stairwell: ________________________________________________
Location of fire extinguisher: _____________________________________________