LBNL CUCSA Delegate Role Definition and Selection Process
- Position of Delegate Eligibility
- Application Process
- Selection Criteria
- 2013-2014 Junior Delegate Application and Selection Timeline
- Download Application
The delegate serves for a period of two years on the Council of University of California Staff Assemblies (CUCSA); one year as junior delegate, followed by a second year as senior delegate. Delegates provide a local staff perspective on matters of importance to both staff UC-system wide as well as issues before The UC Board of Regents. CUCSA does not participate in discussions and deliberations on matters of collective bargaining.
LBNL delegates to CUCSA are sponsored by Vera Potapenko, Human Resources (HR) Department Head. The HR Department pays for CUCSA-related travel. Release time to attend meetings and conduct CUCSA-related business is covered by the delegate's division/department.
Full-time, non-represented career staff, with at least five years of career experience with satisfactory performance at the University of California, are eligible for the position of delegate.
From the time of appointment and throughout the term of appointment the staff advisor must maintain a full-time career position and continuous satisfactory performance with the University of California.
Staff meeting the eligibility requirements may apply for the position of delegate. Applicants for the position must complete the application form and respond to essay questions. Completed applications must be submitted to Elizabeth Bautista (MS943R256) no later than Monday, April 15, or email to CUCSA@lbl.gov.
The candidate for the position of delegate should:
- Possess a broad knowledge of LBNL and the University of California,
- Possess a broad understanding of staff needs and interests,
- Exhibit the ability to consider and speak to issues from varied perspectives,
- Demonstrated strong communication and analytical skills, and
- Commit to attend meetings and participate fully in the quarterly meeting of CUCSA and participate on CUCSA committees.
- March 25: Issue call for delegate applications
- April 15: Applications due to Elizabeth Bautista (MS943R256)
- April 16 - 30: Applications reviewed by current Berkeley Lab CUCSA delegates; finalists selected and interviewed
- May 15: New delegate announced
- September 1: Selected individual assumes the role of Junior CUCSA Delegate for LBNL
Download the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
CUCSA Delegate Application
Application deadline is Monday, April 15, 2013.
For more information, contact email@example.com