Project Management Office
As of July 1, 2012, the Laboratory's Project Management Office (http://www.lbl.gov/Workplace/Ops/atwork/PMO/) has become part of the Engineering Division. Kem Robinson, will serve in the role of Laboratory Project Management Officer as defined by the Laboratory's Earned Value Management System. This change provides for a clear transfer of responsibilities from Jim Krupnick, the former Laboratory Project Management Officer. It leverages the core expertise in project management and project controls that exists in Engineering. And it helps to make the Laboratory more efficient by consolidating functions and responsibilities. Hereafter, the Laboratory's primary contact for DOE Order 413.3b, Project Management for the Acquisition of Capital Assets, and the Lab's EVMS is Kem Robinson (510-486-6327).
Project Management Office Charter
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Assurance, the Project Management Office is responsible for promoting and facilitating a disciplined approach to managing Laboratory projects with a focus on ensuring the quality of project deliverables and the overall performance of project management at LBNL.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develops and maintains LBNL-specific Project Management (PM) training, procedures, policies and standards, and control and assessment techniques.
- Develops, maintains and promotes PM lessons-learned that integrate with the Lab’s lessons-learned database.
- Conducts project vetting and technical reviews of projects in support of the Project Manager.
- Facilitates Senior Management review of high profile projects
- Maintains roster of LBNL project management personnel (project managers, project controls specialists, project administrators, etc.) and their specialties.
- Oversees graded implementation of DOE Order 413.3B, Project Management for the Acquisition of Capital Assets
- Responsible for the LBNL Earned Value Management System (EVMS) implementation, maintenance and certification status.
- Develops and maintains database of LBNL projects and facilitates sharing of best practices among projects.
- Advises Laboratory Management on project management policy issues.
- Provide direct project management/project controls support as necessary
Project Management Office Organization