ePro FAQ How are Taggable Items Handled in ePro?
How are Taggable Items Handled in ePro?
Contract 31 requires the Laboratory to track and control two main categories of Government property:
- Equipment Property - An item that does not lose its identity throughout the lifecycle, has a useful life of two or more years, and an acquisition or fabrication cost of at least $10,000, regardless of funding.
- Sensitive Items - Items, regardless of value, that are susceptible to unusual rates of loss, theft, or misuse.
Here is a link to the Sensitive Item List.
These items are tracked using a bar code tag with a DOE number.
To help identify property, "DOE Tag" and "Custodian" boxes have been added to the Requisition Summary page (see below). The boxes appear on each requisition and PO line where the Item Category could possibly have taggable property.
- Put a check in the DOE Tag box if you are requisitioning or ordering Equipment Property or Sensitive Items. (This will alert Receiving of the need to tag the item.)
- Enter a Custodian who will be responsible for the property. Guests may not be custodians. If there are multiple custodians for an item or if the custodian is not known, you may leave the Custodian box blank.
How Do I Enter a Custodian?
To enter a custodian:
- Click the search icon to the right of the Custodian box
- Enter the last name of the custodian in the Description box
- Click the "Look Up" button to display a list of last names
- Click on the name of the custodian you want to enter.
What do I do when I see the DOE Tag Warning page?
If you do not check the DOE Tag box on a line that could possibly be tagged, you will see the below warning when you Save your document.
- Click the "OK" button if you want to go back to the Requisition Summary page to check the DOE Tag box or
- Click the "Cancel" button if you do not think the item needs a DOE tag. After you click Cancel, you are sent back to the previous screen where you can click Save again to save without the DOE Tag box being checked.
| Back to ePro FAQ | Privacy and Security Notice |