ePro FAQ How is Software Received ?
Guidelines For Software Receiving
Software shall be tracked as a receivable for tangible receipt, payment purposes, and when software has been installed onto LBNL property, as follows:
- "Receiving Required" shall be turned on for all Subcontract software lines.
- Receiving shall receive Subcontract lines for software licenses and media in order to record receipt of the license by the requester. This will allow AP to pay the lines automatically using the 3-way match process, rather than using the certification process.
- When placing orders for software, the Procurement Specialist shall tell the requester to send an e-mail (including the Subcontract # provided to the requester by the Procurement Specialist) to Receiving to receive the software that the requester has received/downloaded.
- Software that is downloaded by a requester from LBNL’s Information Technology website (https://software.lbl.gov) is automatically recorded and tracked by DOE #s, and therefore does not require receiving.
- Procurement will not require certification for software unless acceptance criteria is provided by the requester and noted by the Procurement Specialist in the Subcontract.
- Receiving will continue to receive PCard lines for software licenses and media based on an e-mail from the requester, as is the current practice.
- Subcontracts for software exceeding $750,000 with “Receiving Required” will be useful for capitalizing assets for Property Accounting purposes.
| Back to ePro FAQ | Privacy and Security Notice |