New eProcurement Requisition
On Oct. 11, a new process for creating eProcurement (ePro) requisitions will launch. This new, streamlined process will allow Requisition Preparers to enter data in a logical, intuitive sequence while providing them with online help. Also, several new features will be implemented including self-approval of requisitions under $1,000 (if allowed by the division), separation of duties between the requester/preparer/approver, updated Item Categories, and online training. On that day, the old ePro requisition will not be available.
The following sections show what is changing and where to get further inforation about the new ePro requistion.
A new on-line course was developed to help Requisition Preparers learn the business and technical aspects of creating new eProcurement requisitions. All current Requisition Preparers have until January 11, 2011 to take the course and pass its test in order to continue to create ePro requisitions. Here is a link to the new FSD0501 ePro Requisition Preparer course.
Requisition Amount Approvals
Requisitons $1,000 or less will self-approve if allowed by the division and do not require an Authorized Signer. When approval is required, the Authorized Signer must be different from both the Requester and Requisition Preparer. Here is further information about the new approval process. Requisitions will still be automatically routed for EH&S and other special approvals required by the Item Categories.
Some Item Categories are being removed and others added. Here are notable changes:
- Plant Equipment
- Photo, Xerox, Graphic
- Services--Contract Recruiters
- Chemical Storage Cabinet
- Refrigerators/Freezers for Flammable Liquid
- Refrigerator/Freezer/Microwave or Appliances
- Computer Software Maintenance
- Equipment Maintenance Service Agreement
- Computer CPU --> Computer System
- Microwave --> Microwave Sources & Ovens for Laboratory Use
Extensive on-line Item Categories help is available in the new ePro requisition itself. The Item Category List has a listing of item categories and information about them.
Navigation has been greatly simplified with only three main screens and the removal of unnecessary items from screens. The three links at the top (Start Requisition, Add Items, and Finish and Checkout) can be used to navigate among these screens. Here are highlights of the changes (see the How are Requisitions Created page to see examples of the new ePro screens):
- As you enter data into the various fields, you may have to pause for a moment to see a list of choices. Click on the choice you want and it will be entered in the field for you.
- You can suggest new vendors not already in the system by using the link to the right of the Vendor field called If Not Listed - Request a New Vendor.
- Start by choosing either Goods or Services. Selecting Goods, only displays Item Categories associated with goods. Selecting Services only displays Item Categories for services.
- Use the new Choose a Category link to help you select the right Item Category. It has mouse-over examples and help for each item.
- Use the new Vendor Part # field to enter the vendor's product number instead of entering it in the Line Description box.
- For Services, fill-in the new boxes for Services Begin Date and Services End Date.
- You can attach attachments on either the Add Items page or the Finish and Checkout page.
Finish and Checkout
- Click the new Rush Order box to tell Procurement to expedite processing the requisition.
- If applicable, enter an Invoice Certifier. Here is information about certification.
What is Not Changing
- The Create Requisition link will be used to create new ePro requisition.
- The Manage Requisitions screen will still be used to track your purchases.
- eBuy will not change. Its approval thresholds remain the same.