Affiliates are non-Laboratory employees who are engaged in Laboratory activities on-site and who need:
- LBNL ID Badge and access to the Lab
- JHA and required training
Following are the steps for processing a new/returning Affiliate:
- Obtain approval from the appropriate Department Head
- To initiate an Affiliate request the Host/Designee uses the Affiliate Initiation Web Form using LDAP
- Once the Host/Designee and Affiliate complete their portion of the ARF, the Affiliate Specialist handles the remaining details of the appointment:
- Send a confirmation email and signature forms to the Affiliate with a cc to Host/Designee
- Request email and computer accounts prior to arrival
- Schedule and conduct the start appointment
- Ensure that the JHA is initiated and GERT is completed
- Handle extensions and terminations, including collection of badges, keys, and parking permits.
- Hosts and Affiliates will receive system generated notifications of upcoming appointment end dates at 60, 30, 15, and 1 day before the end of the Affiliate appointment. NOTE: Designees will not be cc’d on these emails.
- To extend or terminate the Affiliate appointment, the Host sends an email to
- Upon receipt of the Host email, the Affiliate Specialist will process the extension or
For more information visit the Affiliate Processing website.