- LBNL Emergency Preparedness Website
- LBNL Emergency Preparedness Employee Pocket Guide (pdf)
- x7911 (LBNL On-Site)
- x9911 (Campus)
- 911 (Off-Site)
- LBNL 24/7 Emergency Notification/Contact Team: (510) 486-6999
Staff and Public Safety
- Medical Assistance: Dial Lab Emergency Number x7911, alert Health Services if open, remove victim if in a dangerous location, apply first aid/CPR to victim if trained to do so.
- Explosion, fire alarm bells, smoke/fire, significant earthquake, etc.: Evacuate Building, follow Building Emergency Team instructions. Call Lab emergency number, pull nearest fire alarm station, notify Building Manager as appropriate.
- Bomb Threat or Suspicious Package: Call Lab emergency number x7911 and report threat or package, do not disturb package, evacuate room/floor.
- Environmental Release: Call Lab emergency number x7911, isolate release if possible, evacuate affected area, contact EHSS duty Officer.
- Odor (Natural Gas) Complaint: If on-site, call Lab emergency number x7911.
- Indoor Air Quality/Ventilation Issues: Call EHSS Info-Link (x5251) and Facilities Work Request Center (x6274).
- Workplace Violence: Call Lab emergency number x7911 and contact LBNL Security Office x5472; for consultation, call Human Resources Employee/Labor Relations (ER/LR) at x6747 or x 6748.
- Injury Accidents: Isolate accident scene, call Lab emergency number, take employee to Health Services (x6266) for evaluation or request ambulance transport to emergency room, contact EHSS Duty Officer, contact employee's supervisor, complete supervisor’s section on Supervisor Accident Analysis Report (SAAR) when issued by health Services; provide employee with Comp claim form within 24 hours of knowledge or work injury (contact LBNL Workers’ Compensation Unit for assistance/guidance at x5213).
- Property (lost, damaged or stolen) > $10,000: Occurrence Reporting and Processing System (ORPS) reportable to DOE (through EHSS Division).
- Involving Government Vehicle: Facilities Department will request Division to complete Estimate of Damage; Division to complete SAAR if auto accident involves employee injuries; if damage estimate > $1,000, DOE recordable (through EHSS division); if damage estimate >$5,000 ORPS reportable to DOE (through EHSS Division).
- Occurrence Reporting (ORPS): See ORPS website http://www.lbl.gov/ehs/orps/index.shtml for guidance on DOE reporting thresholds and categorizations. Events that qualify: 1) affect the health and safety of the public and workers, 2) adversely impact the intended purpose of DOE facilities, 3) have a noticeable adverse effect on the environment, 4) adversely affect the credibility of DOE facilities, 5) adversely affect national security or the security interests of the DOE. EHSS ORPS program contact: x8128 or x7872.
- To reach EHSS technical support during business hours, call x5251 and press: "0" for 7-911, "1" for EHSS Division Office, "2" for Waste Management, "3" for Environmental Protection, "4" for Radiation Protection, and "5" for EHSS duty Officer.
- After-hours/weekends point of contact for EHSS incident response coordination (24-hour coverage): Pager # (510)425-0616.
- EHSS Concerns
- EHSS FAQs
Did you find what you were looking for?
Last updated: January 24, 2013