Here's what I did:
Since node1 was already in the hosts.lpd file on dp, I suspected the problem was with your Multinet setup.
I'd did this on node1:
[which should show something like this] MultiNet Server Configuration Utility V4.0(40)
[Reading in configuration from MULTINET:SERVICES.MASTER_SERVER]
then type show lpd
[It should show something like this:]
Service Proto Port Action ------- ----- ---- ------ * LPD TCP 515 Run Program MULTINET:SERVER_LPD.EXE'*'Indicates that the service is disabled.
It did **not** show that lpd is disabled. So here was the problem: Multinet's lpd was blocking access to our dist. print system.
I then typed
You may need to run lpd_root:[bin]startlpd.com
But I did not have to. lpr starting working right away.
Last modified Thu Oct 28 12:39:29 PDT 1999