[an error occurred while processing this directive]
lp admin (on a Solaris system)
- lpsystem -l
- lists known print servers
- lpstat -v
- lists known printers and their servers
- lpsystem -tbsd dp
- adds bsd-type print server dp (for example).
- lpadmin -sdp -pmyprinter -I any
- adds printer myprinter to print server dp
-I any lets the queue process any kind of print file; without it,
the queue may refuse files with complaints about needing filters for them.
- lpstat -p myprinter
- shows status of printer myprinter
- enable myprinter [NOT needed in Solaris 2.6 and later]
- enables printer myprinter
- accept myprinter [NOT needed in Solaris 2.6 and later]
- makes the printer myprinter accept requests.
- lpadmin -x myprinter
- removes the printer myprinter from the LP print service.
Last modified Thu Feb 28 12:53:54 PST 2002