Your First Day
Summer 2013 Program Dates: 3 Jun - 9 Aug 2013
Please see Undergraduate Internship Programs Calendar (SULI, CCI, BLUR, VFP Student) for times and locations of orientation and events.
- New interns, please go to Badge Office according to your badge appointment time sent via email to your LBNL email address.
- CSEE will provide returning CSEE interns with badge at Orientation (For those who don't already have their badge).
Please be at the Laboratory promptly on the first day. During the morning, we will hold an orientation, advise you of your assignments, and take care of the administrative matters associated with getting you started at the Laboratory.
You will meet your mentors and start work in the afternoon.
You must bring with you:
- Your bus pass (VFP students only) - bus passes will be emailed to you; if you do not receive it one week prior to your first day, email VFP@lbl.gov
- A government-issued picture ID (e.g. driver's license)
- Your proof of car insurance (if driving and parking at the Lab, limited to faculty only) - Note: Parking passes can be acquired during badging at the Site Access/Badge Office (Bldg. 65)
HOW TO GET TO THE LABORATORY
There are two shuttle bus routes to the Laboratory: The Blue Route and the Orange Route. Either one will ultimately get you to your destination. There are maps showing each route and their stops, schedules, and other useful information. Be sure to read "instructions for visitors"
Tell the driver where you are going and ask her/him to alert you at the stop.
If you have trouble or get lost call the CSEE Main Office 510.486.5511.
*Note: Parking regulations do not allow students to park at the Laboratory, so if you are a student, you must take the shuttle.