Transitioning from Technical Professional to Manager
This suite of online courses and simulations from SkillSoft will guide scientists, engineers, and other technical professionals who have made or are considering making the transition to supervisorial positions. Available in the curriculum are:
- Management Development for Technical Professionals, 3.5 hours
- Communication Skills for Successful Management, 3 hours
- Process Management Skills, 4.5 hours
- Leadership Development for Technical Professionals, 3 hours
- Strategies for Transitioning to Management, 6.5 hours
- Transitioning from Technical Professional to Management Simulation, 0.5 hour
- From Technical Professional to Leadership Simulation, 0.5 hour
- Understanding Technical Professionals, 2.5 hours
- Attracting, Motivating, and Retaining Technical Professionals, 3.5 hours
- Models for Managing Technical Professionals, 4.5 hours
- Developing Career Plans for Your Technical Professionals, 3.5 hours
Click here for more detailed information on each course. You can access SkillSoft at work, at home, or on the road from a PC or Mac. To subscribe for two months free, please contact Emalynn Robinson, BLI Training Coordinator, at extension 7001 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to see all of BLI’s online course offerings and to register for access.