Performance Review Discussion Workshop for Employees
To see course date(s) for the next three months and to register, go to Employee Self-Service, click on Training Enrollment, then check Employee Skills Development. To see course dates for beyond the next three months, change the end date at the bottom of the Training Enrollment page.
This two-hour workshop is designed to help you participate in your annual performance review discussion.
Your annual performance review discussion provides an opportunity for your supervisor to formalize and summarize the performance feedback you’ve received throughout the year. This discussion can also be an opportunity to clarify expectations and your contributions, and to strengthen working relationships.
- To clarify the elements of effective annual performance review discussions
- To provide tools and techniques that help you participate in these discussions positively and confidently
- To give you practice in applying what you’ve learned
Participants: This workshop is relevant for scientific and operations employees. Note that BLI also offers a Performance Review Discussion Workshop for Supervisors.
Summary of workshop
During this two-hour workshop, you’ll:
- Analyze video recordings of performance review conversations, identifying effective and ineffective communication skills used by the employee.
- Learn useful techniques for contributing to and participating in your review discussion.
- Develop a plan to apply what you’ve learned.
The instructor is Kathy Anttila, a Berkeley Lab Learning Institute staff member and workshop co-developer.