Job Hunting in Academia Part II:
Interviewing and Negotiating
Instructor Contact Information
Cynthia N. Fuhrmann, PhD
3121 Arbor Dr.
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
This session will cover:
- Preparing for the academic interview visit
- Presenting your research results at the job talk
- Defending your proposed research in the chalk talk
- Demonstrating your teaching skills in the teaching talk
- Negotiating your startup package, including what you can negotiate for and how to do so effectively.
Participants: This course is designed for postdocs and GSRAs.
This free, two-hour workshop will focus on how to prepare for and be your best during the academic interview and negotiation process. The session will be conducted by Dr. Cynthia Fuhrmann, Assistant Dean, Career & Professional Development, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Massachusetts Medical School.
Dr. Fuhrmann teaches workshops regionally and nationally, including annual conferences of the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology. She has a Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from UCSF and a Bachelors degree in Chemistry from UC Davis.